Agronomy Research Software
In agronomy research, you study material in several modalities, with multiple factors and under specific environments.
And if you are reading these lines, you wonder what tools can help you deal with all these conditions, make the most of your resources and reach your research objectives, right?
Then you are at the right place: At Doriane we have been organizing agronomy research for 30 years. We design, configure and maintain agronomy software for research departments and in this article, we tell you how a dedicated agronomy software can support your daily work and take up your most important challenges:
- • Security: When you study agronomic material, every campaign you run is unique and generates useful data for your research. How do you avoid any loss of information?
- • Collaboration: Your team of testers, assistants and technicians work together on the same experiments. How do you standardize your methods for better collaboration and integration of newbies?
- • Save time: As soon as you have the results starts a race against time to analyze it and take decisions. What tools do you use to deliver your reports in time?
What is your biggest challenge at the moment?
Discuss it with one of our agronomy and IT experts:
Organize your agronomy research with a software
How many factors do you consider at every step of your testing campaigns?
- • Available resources : sowing and harvesting machines, field operators
- • Sequential planning of actions, according to seasons and climatic constraints
- • Tools available to respond to research objectives
Optimization starts here: Digitize your activities, automate your processes, in a word organize your agronomy research. Each stage can be enhanced through digital tools and processing methods:
- ✔ R&D Protocols setting up: based on organization R&D objectives,
- ✔ Sowing preparation: based on available resources,
- ✔ Sowing and/or planting: which mobilize human resources and need to be performed in well-fitted climatic conditions,
- ✔ Campaigns of notation: planning the good stages to go to visit field trials and settle the good tools to capture and manage this information. These campaigns can notably be done in order.
- ✔ Agricultural practices: matching with the protocol and the modalities and factors which need to be observed.
- ✔ Harvest to get yield results (often a factor of performance).
- ✔ Data analysis and reports to make next season decisions.
Each step involves various tools, and there is much to gain in using a unique central agronomy research software to run every processes. Integrating the entire chain of agronomy research processes into a central database allows agronomists to compile data at each step of the trials process and monitor all the activities implied.
Agronomy research software such as RnDExp benefits to researchers and managers by providing the key performance indicators to make decisions for continuous progress of practices.
Doriane is the IT specialist for agronomy testing and breeding companies.
Our software RnDExperience helps agronomy research companies
organize their protocols and activities to save time and avoid errors.
Manage the specific protocols of your research
Protocols represent the cornerstone of your research. Depending on your department’s objectives, you may deal with a variety of protocols: cultivar evaluation, crop protection performance, bio stimulants efficiency, cultural practices, irrigation, fertilizing, seed treatments…
But the Materials (modalities) and Methods (objectives, sources of variation, replications, controls, environment of experiments) of every protocol of your agronomy research define the way you conduct your research, according to your know-how. Designing your protocols subsequently in your agronomy research software enable you to:
- • Use the resources available efficiently (material, human, space and time)
- • Maximize the precision of estimation of modalities performances (accuracy of the results)
- • Cross data with other factors like further agricultural practice, locations, biotic and abiotic conditions, or combinations of further factors when cultivar combinations or rotation are studied.
With RnDExp Agronomy research software, get all the tools to manage each protocol, and organize your activity with a diversity of research protocols, thanks to structures and tools for the management and description of:
- • Varieties
- • Treatments (phytosanitary, herbicide, fertilizer, seed coating)
- • Agronomical practices
Integrate other activities to agronomy research
Agronomy research often implies considering complex biological models which impacts performances of objects that Agronomists would like to characterize.
So in addition to planted trials additional data can be recovered from further analysis done on samples or particular plants.
It can be phytopathology, physiology, biology, genetic and so on. These activities need tools to capture observations, track results and compile synthesis. What about a centralized database which has been designed to manage these specific business dictionaries?
How much time would you save if this information were on-time retrieved and crossed with agronomic information thanks to an integrated and unified system available to all?
Comply with good practices thanks to the agronomy research software
A standardized and integrated agronomy research software improves the monitoring your KPIs, on-boarding and traceability.
Settling a common dictionary and ontology description with a database brings you on-the-shelf standards like:
- • Good Experiment Practices (GEP)
- • ISTA Seed testing accreditations obligations
- • IGPR descriptors
Comply with, or at least get closer to such certifications help uniformizing your processes and save time.
Why organize your research in an agronomy research software?
In the end, your agronomy research software makes you more efficient:
As a team, enhance teamwork and facilitate skills transfer with standard methods, up-to-date information shared over the different stakeholders. Facilitates collaborative work and on-boarding improvement, by managing certifications on standards and good practices.
Save time and reach real time by centralizing all the information from different sources, to be retrieved at all stages of the protocols from campaign preparation to data analysis.
Avoid the risk of data loss and “brain drain” with a structured system securing all information, including researchers’ know-how.
Apply for a free demonstration of RnDExp agronomy research software !
Book now a 30 minutes discussion on your research with our experts:
They will prepare a personalized demonstration of our software and services (Audit, configuration, maintenance) that suits best your project !